Aluminum sidings are materials or substances used for surfacing the external walls of a building. There are vertical and horizontal types of aluminum siding. Most homeowners prefer it to vinyl siding due to its insulting capacities. Experts regard it as able to retain more heat and cold in a home. The standard gauge for aluminum siding products is 44 gauges while the substandard one is 40 gauges. Another type measures 54 gauges but more costly and durable than the other ones.
The Methods of Installing Aluminum Siding Products
There are various ways of installing aluminum siding materials such as:
- By cleaning the outside walls and scraping off any caulking, putty, and old paintings. Close any hole on the wall with scraps or fillings.
- Use strips of foam or any other material you want to use as inlay and fix them straight with nails.
- Apply stacking or posts at each edge and use nails to hold and make them firm.
- Fix the starter piece on the footer and ensure to place it under the outside walls.
- A piece of the F-channel board should be attached below the roof space.
- Improve the airtight quality of your work by applying caulk or any sealant around the cracks and crevices on the windows and doors.
- Take the J-channel; construct the door and window frames and edges. Ensure that each border fits well into another.
- Attach the edges in a way they will fit in properly into the sides and tops of the doors.
- Begin the project by putting the base and corner of your siding material into the footer. Continue expanding and increasing the structure from that point.
- In this pattern, you will build up the siding up to the roof, joining the materials up to the wall. Choose best materials, CSG company says csgrenovation.ca/bradford/basement-renovations/.
- Fix the siding panels at doors, corners, and windows with adhesives. These materials should be attached at soffit areas and window sills.
- Close the base of each panel and allow it to fall under the piece you placed below the upper floor or roof space.
- If there is any extra length, cut it off before fixing the siding on the upper part of the wall.
Advantages of Using Aluminum Siding
Many homeowners have testified the advantages of using aluminum siding on their houses. Aluminum siding is a lightweight material and can be handled by one person. Installing the material is easy using simple tools as a do it yourself project. It is easy to maintain by repainting every ten to fifteen years or cleaning the surface with mild detergents. With good maintenance, the material is durable. You can enjoy aluminum siding on your house for more than 45 years. The product is resistant to fire. Siding Victoria is a good product for insulation as it conserves more heat and cold.
Other benefits of installing aluminum siding include the fact that aluminum does not rust, decay, and no mildew can attack it, especially during extreme cold seasons. It has wide ranges of colors to choose from.
Disadvantages of Using Aluminum Siding
Aluminum siding is prone to discoloration from the effects of weather elements. Scratches and holes can be created on the panels easily. Patching or reinstalling them can be very difficult tasks. The beauty and designs of aluminum siding are not usually appealing to most persons. The reason is because of the close-up nature of the panels.
Other disadvantages of using this product are that it can make a series of pinging sounds in hot weather, as it expands. In windy areas, aluminum siding also produces disturbing sounds. After a long period of usage, the material can become disfigured and contoured.